Sunday, April 22, 2007

Joseph Clark, Oscar Clark, Albert Clark


This picture is of three of my GG-granduncles, Joseph, Oscar and Albert Clark. I think they are in that order from left to right, at least that's how they are listed on the back. The writing on the back reads

This photo taken Oct. 15th 1895
Joseph Clark born June 4th 1830
Oscar Clark " Mch. 10th 1833
Albert Clark " Jany. 16th 1836
" " " Died May 1896

I know that the other two lived a number of years after this was taken.

Joseph never married, and lived part of the year with Albert in Nebraska, part of the year in their hometown of Cadiz OH with another brother, Ephraim. At least once, he was counted both places in the census!

Oscar settled in Walton, KS.

Albert lived in Burt Co. NE where many other Clark's lived, including all of their brother Ingram's surviving children, and many of Ephraim's children. He is buried at Craig NE. His family moved on to Idaho after his death.

A Nebraska photo collector obtained this photo at a flea market, and was kind enough to send me a scan of it.

Several years ago, I was in touch with a descendant of Oscar, but I have lost touch with her, if you are related to any of these men PLEASE contact me, I can give you a high-res scan that you can print large.

No comments: